Zocko's Journal

All about Zocko, the crazy pirate who *will* take over the world someday!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Neverland

Life often revolves around my latest art project whether that be sketching, making movies, or writing novels. Friends are the most important thing in my life (including Jesus) but a close second would be trying to take over the world. My flip side is crazy and outgoing so beware if you see me wearing pink hair.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Studio Ghibli

Yesterday ...

I missed the last train and took a taxi for $15 to Asakusa’s youth hostel, so I awoke slightly grouchy and deterred. Getting ready took me longer than planned and I arrived at Shinjuku late, but Atsune and Tatsuya spotted me immediately and within seconds were packed inside a Taxi driving for Studio Ghibli before our ticket entrance expired (fortunately Totoro didn't seem to care).







We ate at legendary Straw Hat Cafe and I paid because Tatsuya had already covered the taxis, while Atsune wouldn’t accept money for my Ghibli ticket. The sandwiches were so delicious that I punched the air after saying “Gotchisosama DESHITA!” Atsune laughed at my uncustomary strangeness!







These pictures were taken on the roof where I discovered this wonderful device with a shiny handle that I couldn't help but turn. A blast of water shot from the hole and rained down on Atsune, who valiantly attempted to stop it as Tatsuya was already running for cover. In the picture Tatsuya is posing (his specialty) and Atsune is drowning I think. Only Tatsuya can pose while drinking from unstable fountains I think.











We split up at Yokohama Station where I met Nami-chan and Kim, who kindly carried my luggage all the way up the evil hillside to Chinopan’s house. Nami put make up on Chinopan and Kim, then I gave them lollypops from Studio Ghibli. Nami and Kim were exhausted but Chino and I managed to play Ninja Turtles for a few hours. He likes Leo best.

19 Comments:

Blogger notme said...

Wahh!! Studio Ghibli! You know, I'm here studying animation...working my rear end off...and my teachers tell me, "Yeah, it's pretty much unheard of for a western animator to get a job in Japan. Their animators are so much faster and work harder and..." well, you get the point. Talk about heartbreaking...no matter! Someday I will rise to follow in Miyazaki's footsteps...even if I never make it to Japan! ...Yeah, that's bold talk coming from a student, but you gotta set your goals high, right?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Zocko said...

Bull----etin boards.

If you go to Japan (and happen to have blue eyes, blonde hair, or tallness of stature) you gain instant popularity status. Besides, times are changing in Japan. The younger generation is boldly stepping where none of their elders have gone before. They want to open Japan to the world and possibily Americanize so they're really into foreigners. As long as you learn the language I think you can get a job there. Just be determined. Gambatte (chin up / fight on)!!!!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home